- ticket title
- Malta’s Foreign Minister: Features of solving the Libyan crisis looming, and we support the efforts of the UN mission in Libya
- Developing five City Profiles for conflict-affected cities in Iraq, Libya, Yemen and Syria
- Egypt, Italy FMs discuss bilateral ties, regional issues
- UNHCR Update Libya (6 December 2019) [EN/AR]
- Secretary-General Appoints Nada al-Nashif of Jordan Deputy High Commissioner for Human Rights
Assistant Secretary Tom Malinowski Travels to Burundi
Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor Tom Malinowski will travel to Burundi April 29 – 30. The Assistant Secretary will reiterate U.S. disappointment with Burundian President Nkurunziza’s decision to disregard the Arusha Agreements to run for a third term in office. He will also urge all actors to reject violence to safeguard the gains Burundi and its people have achieved since 2005. The Assistant Secretary will also express concern about the Burundian government’s decision to close radio stations and further restrict freedom of assembly, association, and expression.
For more information, please contact Valerie Wheat at WheatV@state.gov or (202) 647- 4129.