- ticket title
- Libyan Coast Guard rescues 184 illegal immigrants off western coast
- UN Secretary-General: Compatibility Between The Military Wings In Libya Will Enable Us To Cease Fire
- Head Of The Munich Security Conference: The European Bloc Must Speak “In A Language Of Strength” And Threat To Represent Its Interests In Libya
- UN Mission In Libya: Landmines Planted South Of Tripoli Left Dead And Wounded, Including Civilians
- Tunisian-Greek Discussions On Security Developments In Libya
Assistant Secretary Tom Malinowski Travels to Burundi
Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor Tom Malinowski will travel to Burundi April 29 – 30. The Assistant Secretary will reiterate U.S. disappointment with Burundian President Nkurunziza’s decision to disregard the Arusha Agreements to run for a third term in office. He will also urge all actors to reject violence to safeguard the gains Burundi and its people have achieved since 2005. The Assistant Secretary will also express concern about the Burundian government’s decision to close radio stations and further restrict freedom of assembly, association, and expression.
For more information, please contact Valerie Wheat at WheatV@state.gov or (202) 647- 4129.