- ticket title
- Libya: Landmines Left After Armed Group Withdraws [EN/AR]
- Ethiopian Diaspora Champions Digital Apps in Fight Against COVID
- How COVID Is Affecting Elections in Africa
- Libya vows to expose perpetrators to justice over Bangladeshi killing
- Press Conference by Security Council President on Work Programme for June, July
A year ago, Libyans celebrated the death of dictator Gaddafi. I wrote then that despite enormous challenges, the country’s prospects were actually pretty good. Its small, relatively well-educated population and abundant oil wealth certainly gave it a leg up on neighbouring Egypt, which has to make its transition under dire economic circumstances.