- ticket title
- IOM Libya Update, 01 – 15 September 2019
- Two Jordanians Kidnapped In Libya Set Free
- FAO report cites 41 countries needing external assistance for food
- IOM Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli
- German Capital Hosts Preliminary Meeting on Situation in Libya
The African Union (AU), has decided to deploy observers in Egypt, for the presidential election, scheduled later this month, in the northern African nation.
The AU said, Chairperson of the AU Commission, Moussa Faki Mahamat, has approved deployment of a short-term AU election observation mission (AUEOM), to Egypt, to observe the election, scheduled for Mar 26-28.
Led by the former foreign minister of Mali, Abdoulaye Diop, the AUEOM comprises 40 short-term observers, to be deployed in Egypt, from Mar 21 to 31, according to a statement from the AU, on Saturday.
The AU said, the deployment followed the invitation of the government and National Elections Commission of Egypt.
On the eve of this year, the 55-member pan-African bloc announced that, including Egypt, about 18 elections would be conducted in its member states, and that it would closely monitor them.
Source: NAM News Network