- ticket title
- Libya Peace Summit: Berlin talks must prioritize accountability for war crimes
- Salama: Berlin Conference Success Would Enable Displaced People Return To Their Homes
- Russian Foreign Ministry: Participants In Berlin Conference Will Submit Their Final Statement To Security Council
- UN Secretary General: Hostilities In Libya Is Rejected And All Must Support Berlin Conference
- Putin to take part in Berlin conference on Libya on January 19
At least 300 migrants are feared dead after boats sink in Mediterranean, U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees said on Wednesday.
The UN High Commissioner for Refugees said that the Italian coast guard brought 110 survivors to safety on the Italian island of Lampedusa. Some of the survivors had reported that four boats had left Libya together and that the youngest person missing is a 12-year-old boy.
On Tuesday, Italian authorities said at least 29 African migrants died of hypothermia trying to cross the sea from Libya in frigid weather.
More than 218,000 people crossed the Mediterranean through irregular routes last year and about 3,500 people died trying, the UNHCR said.
Source : Tunis Afrique Presse