- ticket title
- Auto China 2020: GWM Rebranded as Global Mobility Technology Company to Empower Intelligent Safety Experience
- COVID-19 Presents Immediate Crisis to Small Island Countries but Climate Change Remains Existential Threat, Speakers Warn As General Assembly Debate Continues
- At least 13 illegal immigrants die off Libyan coast; 124 rescued
- 3 Libyan Oil Ports Resume Operations as Deal Starts to Kick In
- مواصلة تقدم عجلة الاقتصاد العراقي أثناء الجائحة بفضل ازدياد المعاملات المنفذة عبر بطاقات كي كارد بمقدار ثلاثة أضعاف
Over the last few days, the corpses of migrants shipwrecked off the coast of Libya in April 2015, in what may be described as the greatest migrant tragedy in the Mediterranean, have been arriving in the port of Augusta (SR). It is estimated that up to 700-900 migrants perished in a tragedy that touches the whole of the EU and its institutions.
Civilian firefighting teams are working under NATO command in an operation organised on an unprecedented scale with commensurate safety issues. No information is available concerning conditions on board the vessel, the exact number of victims or the total duration of the operation.
In view of this:
|1.||Does the Commission consider NATO involvement to be legitimate and does this mean that some or all of the operation must be carried out in secret?|
|2.||Does it know what measures are being taken to ensure the safety of the Italian firefighting teams and whether they are compatible with the provisions of Framework Directive 89/391/EEC and subsequent provisions, especially as regards equipment?|
|3.||What material and institutional resources will it deploy to ensure that the operation is conducted properly with due regard for the physical and mental health of the crews and ensuring that they are properly remunerated?|