- ticket title
- Russia denies US claim that Libyan banknotes seized in Malta are counterfeit, says for distribution by rival east-based government
- Health Sector, Situation Report, COVID-19, (15-31 May), Libya
- Libya: Health Sector Bulletin (May 2020)
- WHO Libya Bi-weekly Operational Update (16-31 May 2020)
- Libya: Humanitarian Access Report (April 2020)
As from July 2018, under the ‘Aurora’ project, the European Commission will help the Libyan government set up a Maritime Rescue Coordination Center (MRCC). A Search and Rescue Area (SAR) is also to be established under the guidance of the Italian Guardia Costiera. The EU project EUBAM is also providing the Libyan civilian and military maritime authorities with assistance in the surveillance of sea borders through the Emergency Trust Fund.
1. Through which projects are the Libyan Coast Guard and Port Security currently being supported by the European Union, and who is participating in them and implementing them?
2. To what extent does Libya already have an MRCC (for example as part of the Coast Guard Operational Centre in Tripoli), and if no such centre exists, what Libyan or Italian body is performing the functions of an MRCC?
3. How many migrants has the Libyan Coast Guard picked up in 2016, 2017 and 2018 after having been sent on sea rescue missions by the Italian MRCC?