- ticket title
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Libya’s Migrant Report: Round 26 | June – July 2019
- UNHCR Update Libya (13 September 2019)
- IOM Returns 127 Stranded Migrants Safely to 15 Countries Across Africa, Asia
- Scarred by Libya Abuse, Migrants Hope for New Life in Europe
- Nigeria’s child detainees, Myanmar’s ‘out of control’ military, and a ‘safe zone’ in Syria: The Cheat Sheet
19 Aug 2014
The UN is observing World Humanitarian Day on Tuesday to recognize and honour humanitarian workers who are helping millions of people in need in crises around the world.
August 19 coincides with the anniversary of the 2003 bombing of the UN headquarters in Iraq which claimed the lives of 22 people, including the top UN envoy in the country, Sergio Vieira de Mello.
The theme for this year’s World Humanitarian Day is “The World Needs More…”
Toby Lanzer, the UN Humanitarian Coordinator in South Sudan, spoke to Derrick Mbatha about the importance of the Day.