- ticket title
- SOS Mediterranean Announces Rescue Of 407 In The Mediterranean In 72 Hours
- Committee For Solidarity With Libyan People Set Up In Algeria
- GNA Minister Of Interior Meets Mayor Of Tawergha
- Interior Ministry Undersecretary For Migration Affairs Meets Italian Ambassador
- EU Commission: Situation In Libya Unstable, We Seek Unified European Position On Libyan Crisis
19 Aug 2014
The UN is observing World Humanitarian Day on Tuesday to recognize and honour humanitarian workers who are helping millions of people in need in crises around the world.
August 19 coincides with the anniversary of the 2003 bombing of the UN headquarters in Iraq which claimed the lives of 22 people, including the top UN envoy in the country, Sergio Vieira de Mello.
The theme for this year’s World Humanitarian Day is “The World Needs More…”
Toby Lanzer, the UN Humanitarian Coordinator in South Sudan, spoke to Derrick Mbatha about the importance of the Day.