- ticket title
- WHO distributes urgently needed medical supplies as Libya conflict continues
- UNICEF Libya Flash Update: Western Libya Emergency Response, 13 May-19 May 2019
- DTM Libya – Rapid Market Assessment (21 May 2019)
- UN Humanitarian Coordinator for Libya strongly condemns the blockage of the Great Man-Made River, cutting off water supply for hundreds of thousands of Libyans, 20 May 2019
- UN envoy warns of ‘long and bloody war’ in Libya
PENTAGON, A U.S. airstrike in Libya has killed 11 al-Qaida terrorists, the military said Friday.
U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) said the strike Thursday near al-Uwaynat also destroyed three vehicles of the group al-Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).
The military said no civilians were killed or injured.
“AFRICOM will use precision strikes to deny terrorists safe haven in Libya … and they remain vulnerable wherever they are,” U.S. Marine Corps Maj. Gen. Gregg P. Olson, AFRICOM’s director of operations, said in a press release.
This is the third U.S. strike against AQIM in Libya. The last counter-AQIM strike killed one terrorist in June.
Source: Voice of America