- ticket title
- GNA Interior Ministry Undersecretary Meets Displaced Committee in Morzug
- Libyan People Celebrate Anniversary of Martyrdom of Omar Mukhtar
- UNHCR Calls for Greater Solidarity With Stranded Refugees in Libya
- Algeria Demands Adherence to UN Resolutions Banning Arms to Libya
- Dr Emari Zaed meets with US Charge D’affairs
Following its call for a humanitarian truce on the occasion of Eid al-Adha, the United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) received a response from the Government of National Accord declaring its agreement to the truce, but has not received any response from the leadership of the Libyan National Army until now. The Mission had hoped for a mutually concurrent agreement to the truce, but one of the parties has refused to take this course for their own reasons.
While UNSMIL regrets that it did not receive what it was hoping for, for the sake of the Libyan people and their interests, it calls on all parties to respect the sanctity of the Eid and to allow the Libyan people to celebrate this occasion and permit the safe return of the pilgrims to the country.
Source: UN Support Mission in Libya