- ticket title
- Kyrgyz Foreign Minister Says Possible U.S. Travel Ban Inclusion May Be Linked To Biometric Passport Delay
- Outlining Road Map for Change in 2020, Secretary-General Says World Must Unite to Tackle Nuclear Menace, Rising Tensions, Climate Emergency
- Italian Foreign Minister: New European Treaty on Migration Soon
- United Nations Support Mission in Libya (S/2020/41) [EN/AR]
- Trump administration plans to add Nigeria and six other nations to travel ban list: reports
The United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) congratulates the Supreme Judicial Council on the successful election of its members across Libya. These transparent elections are an example of democracy and peaceful transfer of power in Libya. They reflect the independence and professionalism of the judiciary, which is a key institution enhancing the rule of law and human rights in Libya. They also serve as a source of hope for the Libyan people during this time of conflict.
The mission highly values the existing partnership with the judiciary and looks forward for further cooperation with the new council towards upholding the principles of human rights and rule of law in Libya.
Source: UN Support Mission in Libya