- ticket title
- GIEWS Country Brief: Libya 17-October-2019
- Libya Says 82 Illegal Immigrants Rescued Off Western Coast
- Sudan Border Closures With Libya, CAR Begin to Have Impact
- French Foreign Minister: Libyan Key Players Convinced Solution to Crisis is Political
- Russian Foreign Minister: Armed Confrontation in Libya Created Security Vacuum
Geneva The UN High Commission for Refugees has said it was strengthening its activities in Libya to confront the aggravating humanitarian crisis created by the ongoing conflict and lack of security and economic deterioration. In a statement yesterday the UN High Commissioner for Refugees Fillipo Grandi said he made a visit to Libya to inspect the humanitarian situation of the refugees there, and met some of them in detentions centres, adding that the UNHCR would reinforce its program there to meet the growing humanitarian crisis resulting from conflict and instability. He said refugees lived in harsh conditions due to shortage of resources especially women and children. The ability of the UN to provide access to protection and assistance which the refugees badly needed was a huge challenge, and UN workers were acting under immense pressures in a volatile environment in Libya, he added.
Source: Libya News Agency