- ticket title
- EU High Representative For Foreign Affairs And Security Policy Calls For Calm And Respect For Truce
- Algerian President: We Are Ready To Help Restore Peace To Libya
- Libyas UN-backed government suspends participation in Geneva peace talks
- Update: Libyas east-based army says its attack on Turkish ship aims to prevent terrorists
- Update: UN tries to salvage Libya talks after government announces pullout
Tripoli, UNSMIL expressed regrets over the flare-up of tribal fighting in Sebha which claimed the lives of 20 people and injured over 50 others. The mission welcomed in statement Monday the ongoing reconciliation efforts, appealing to the national and local authorities to prevent further escalations. Head of UNSMIL, Martin Kobler offered condolences to the families of the victims, expressing sympathy with the injured. Kobler praised the efforts made by community leaders to reach ceasefire and put an end to unjustified bloodshed sweeping Sabha. he stressed the need to make sound of reason override others quickly in the interest of the country.
Source: Libya News Agency