- ticket title
- Lavarov: UN Alone Capable Of Guaranteeing Integrity Of Libya
- Celebrations Making Anniversary Of Feb
- Head Of Presidency Council Announces Launch Of The 2020 Humanitarian Response Plan For Libya
- British National Security Adviser Discuss With Egyptian Foreign Minister Developments In Libya
- US Secretary Of State: We Hope Political Negotiation In Libya Start By End Of This Month
UNITED NATIONS The UN Security
Council will meet behind closed doors to discuss the humanitarian crisis in
Libya as a month-long offensive on the capital grinds on, diplomats said.
Britain requested the Friday meeting so a UN aid official could brief
representatives on the assault that has displaced 55,000 people and left more than 430 dead, the diplomats said on condition of anonymity.
Libyan commander Khalifa Hafter, whose forces hold the east of the country, launched the offensive on April 4 to seize Tripoli, seat of the UN-recognized government.
The council has been divided over how to respond to the crisis in Libya,
forcing Britain to put on hold a draft resolution demanding a ceasefire.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK