- ticket title
- WFP Libya Country Brief January 2020
- This Hearty Group of Filipinos Is Staying Strong Worldwide Despite Virus Outbreaks
- President Of Mauritania: Libyan Crisis Source Of Concern To Sahel States
- Dutch Ambassador To Libya: Libyan Crisis Key Item On UN Human Rights Council Agenda
- Arab League Renews Calls For Permanent Cease-Fire In Libya
TRIPOLI, Libya� The UN Higher Commission of Refugees (UNHCR), said on Sunday, that, 1,350 refugees have been evacuated from Libya, to third countries in 2019.
On Saturday, 31 refugees left with hopes to start a new chapter of their lives, it added.
Because of the insecurity and chaos, Libya is a preferred point of departure for illegal immigrants, wanting to cross the Mediterranean to reach Europe, many of whom drown on the way.
The UNHCR has said, Libya is not a safe port for disembarkation for migrants, given the worsening security conditions in the North African country.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK