- ticket title
- Libya: Humanitarian Dashboard (Jan – July 2019)
- Libyan Coast Guard picks up nearly 500 migrants in region surrounding Tripoli
- How Pompeo Took Charge of US Response to Attack on Saudi Oil Fields
- Security Council Committee on Libya Meets with Libyan Investment Authority
- Migrant shooting highlights concern about Libyan coast guard
Tripoli, United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) has announced distributing humanitarian aid to 15,000 displaced people within a week. UNSMIL reported that World Food Programme, and Libyan Relief and Humanitarian Aide have distributed during the second week of this month various food stuff to over 15,000 displaced people. Previous estimations by UN Office for Coordinating Humanitarian Affairs and estimated financial aid needed by Libya at about 120 million dollars with the continuation of the fragile security and political situation in the country which aggravates the deterioration of the economic situation. The report put the total volume of aid needed by Libya at 172 million dollars, but only 51.7 million dollars were received, i.e. 30% of the required aid needed by the affected civilians due to acts of violence and war. UN and its partners including relief organizations launched an international appeal to collect 10.7 million dollars to provide emergency humanitarian aid to about 79,000 people, displaced from, Serte due to military operations.
Source: Libya News Agency