- ticket title
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Libya’s Migrant Report: Round 26 | June – July 2019
- UNHCR Update Libya (13 September 2019)
- IOM Returns 127 Stranded Migrants Safely to 15 Countries Across Africa, Asia
- Scarred by Libya Abuse, Migrants Hope for New Life in Europe
- Nigeria’s child detainees, Myanmar’s ‘out of control’ military, and a ‘safe zone’ in Syria: The Cheat Sheet
UN highranking official heading for Kiev for talks on assistance to peace
Tue 19 Aug 2014 at 11:47
NNA – UN Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman is leaving for Kiev to hold talks with the Ukrainian leadership in a hope to assist a peaceful settlement of the aggravating conflict in the south-eastern
regions of the country, Farhan Haq, the Deputy Official Spokesperson for the
Secretary General said Monday.
Feltman will go to Kiev on Tuesday and will stay there until Friday night to have discussions with top-rank Ukrainian officials in the framework of mediatory efforts undertaken on behalf of the Secretary General, Haq said.
At this moment, Kiev is Jeffrey Feltman’s only destination on the agenda.
Secretary General Ban Ki-moon spoke to Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko last week, calling on him to launch dialogue with the forces opposing the course wielded by Kiev and to tap a peaceful solution to the crisis that has engulfed the Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
British Ambassador to the UN Mark Lyall Grant said at the UN Security Council on Monday that the UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs, Valerie Amos was also going to visit Ukraine later this week.