- ticket title
- Amid COVID-19, Strong Multilateral System Key to Delivering for World’s Most Vulnerable, European Union Foreign Policy Chief Tells Security Council
- Libyan trafficker’s family kill 30 migrants in revenge, says government, UN
- The Supreme Council Of Libyan Tribes Welcomes The Position Of The Algerian Leadership For Calling For A Meeting Between The Libyan Parties
- The Brussels International Center Organizes A Conference To Discuss The Libyan Crisis
- Russian-Italian Agreement On The Importance Of Stopping Armed Escalation In Libya
UN : Escalated Violence in Sebha Leaves More Than 45 Dead
Sunday , 13– 05– 2018 – 16:27:00
Tripoli, 13 May 2018(Lana) The United Nations Support Mission in
Libya UNSMIL has said that more than 45 were killed or wounded in the
latest round of fighting in the city of Sebha.
The mission expressed its deep concern for the growing cycle of
violence in the city, and called in a statement on the warring
parties to exercise self-restraint and said it puts all its resources
at their disposal, to restore calm.
It reminded all parties of their obligations under the
International Humanitarian Law, to protect the lives and property of
Fighting broke out between the tribal clans of Tabo and Oulad
Sleiman, in the southern city of Sebha in the last two days, the
worst since February, it left dozens killed or wounded, and caused
200 families to flee their homes.
Figures showed that 23 were killed and 91 wounded until last
week, this excluded the numbers announced by the UN Mission.