- ticket title
- Lavarov: UN Alone Capable Of Guaranteeing Integrity Of Libya
- Celebrations Making Anniversary Of Feb
- Head Of Presidency Council Announces Launch Of The 2020 Humanitarian Response Plan For Libya
- British National Security Adviser Discuss With Egyptian Foreign Minister Developments In Libya
- US Secretary Of State: We Hope Political Negotiation In Libya Start By End Of This Month
New york-The UN Secretary General, Antonio Guterres and Chairman of the African Union Commission, Moussa Faki renewed their call for a ceasefire at the outskirts of Tripoli. In this came in a joint statement after their meeting at the third annual conference of the African Union and the UN in New York. Faki said at a joint press conference with Guterres; The priority today is to stop the fighting raging at the outskirts of the capital Tripoli'. He stressed 'that there is no military solution to the Libyan crisis' 'All parties must accept end of fighting and set on the negotiation table to address the crisis peacefully and politically'. The UN Secretary General for his part said' the message to all Libyans is the need to reach a cease-fire and end the battles and return to the political solution track. Faki and Guterres expressed hope for the success of the Libyan national reconciliation conference in Addis Ababa with the support of the UN. The UN and the AU has called before for a cease-fire or at least a humanitarian truce.
Source: Libya News Agency