- ticket title
- Italian Foreign Minister: New European Treaty on Migration Soon
- United Nations Support Mission in Libya (S/2020/41) [EN/AR]
- Trump administration plans to add Nigeria and six other nations to travel ban list: reports
- Surprise In Belarus, Kyrgyzstan About Reports On Expanded U.S. Travel Ban
- Trump Says U.S. Will Add ‘A Couple’ Of Countries To Travel-Ban List
26 Nov 2014
• The sky will be the limit for African countries once they industrialize their agricultural sector. That’s the view of the Chef de Cabinet in the Office of the President of the General Assembly. The remarks were made on the occasion of Africa Industrialization Day observed on 20 November, and which focused on agriculture.
“Hope” lost in South Sudan due to conflict
• The ongoing conflict in South Sudan is causing people in the country to lose hope, according to the head of the UN mission in the country (UNMISS). Almost 2 million people have fled their homes as a result of continued instability. Half a million of those people are now refugees outside the country. Around 100,000 people are living in so-called protection of civilians sites or POCs administered by the UN.
Food rations for 500,000 refugees in Kenya cut
• Funding shortfalls shortfalls have forced the UN food agency to cut rations for about half a million refugees from South Sudan and Somalia in Kenya. The World Food Programme (WFP) says that as of 16 November, the refugees in the Kakuma and Dadaab camps started receiving half of their food allowance. However, WFP points out that rations for pregnant women and small children will not be cut.
Producer/Presenter: Derrick Mbatha
Production Assistant: Sandra Guy
Studio Engineer: Shalako Gordon