- ticket title
- Libya: Humanitarian Dashboard (Jan – July 2019)
- Libyan Coast Guard picks up nearly 500 migrants in region surrounding Tripoli
- How Pompeo Took Charge of US Response to Attack on Saudi Oil Fields
- Security Council Committee on Libya Meets with Libyan Investment Authority
- Migrant shooting highlights concern about Libyan coast guard
WASHINGTON, U.S. State Department spokesperson, Heather Nauert, said Friday, that, the United States urges the parties involved, to take steps to lower tensions in Gaza.
Israeli soldiers have reportedly killed at least 16 Palestinian protesters and injured more than 1,400 on Friday, in the ongoing violence that erupted during Palestinian demonstrations, close to the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel.
"We are deeply saddened by the loss of life in Gaza today," Nauert tweeted, urging "those involved to take steps to lower tensions."
"The international community is focused on taking steps that will improve the lives of the Palestinians and is working on a plan for peace. Violence furthers neither of those goals," she added.
The Kuwaiti Mission to the United Nations tweeted on Friday, that, at the request of Kuwait, the Security Council "will meet at 6:30 p.m. (EST)(2230 GMT), in informal consultations" to discuss the latest developments in Gaza.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK