- ticket title
- Adopting 7 Resolutions, General Assembly Calls for Recorded Vote on Texts Addressing Global Health, Ties with Organization of Islamic Cooperation
- EU Trust Fund for Africa: new actions adopted to support vulnerable migrants, foster socio-economic development and improve border management in North of Africa
- GNA Minister Of Transport Meets Canadian Ambassador.
- Head Of Presidency Council Attends Event At Police Academy.
- GNA Interior Minister Discuss Security Cooperation With German Foreign Ministry Undersecretary.
The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) is pleased to announce the appointment of Roueida El Hage of Lebanon as the new Regional Representative for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Region, based in Beirut.
With over 20 years of experience in in human rights, El Hage has extensive knowledge of international law and political affairs with the United Nations, in particular in conflict context in MENA, Asia and Africa.
In her previous incarnations, El Hage was deployed in Afghanistan, Central African Republic, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, the Philippines, and Western Sahara.
Prior to this appointment, El Hage served as Coordinator of the Secretariat of the Group of Eminent Experts on Yemen, deputy Director of the Human Rights Component (UNAMI) in Iraq and Chief of the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) Human Rights Regional Office in Northern Iraq, Acting Chief of MENA Section at OHCHR in Geneva, among other functions including with international and regional NGOs.
Source: National News Agency