- ticket title
- Mixed migration routes and dynamics in Libya, May – December 2018 (January 2019)
- Security Council Committee on Libya Meets with Panel of Experts
- UN envoy meets several members of House of Representatives
- UN envoy meets writers and artists in Benghazi
- Salama in Benghazi for Meeting With Prominent Figures
The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) is pleased to announce the appointment of Roueida El Hage of Lebanon as the new Regional Representative for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Region, based in Beirut.
With over 20 years of experience in in human rights, El Hage has extensive knowledge of international law and political affairs with the United Nations, in particular in conflict context in MENA, Asia and Africa.
In her previous incarnations, El Hage was deployed in Afghanistan, Central African Republic, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, the Philippines, and Western Sahara.
Prior to this appointment, El Hage served as Coordinator of the Secretariat of the Group of Eminent Experts on Yemen, deputy Director of the Human Rights Component (UNAMI) in Iraq and Chief of the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) Human Rights Regional Office in Northern Iraq, Acting Chief of MENA Section at OHCHR in Geneva, among other functions including with international and regional NGOs.
Source: National News Agency