- ticket title
- France Says It Killed Al-Qaida North Africa Chief With US Help
- Libya conflict: UN-backed GNA regains full control of Tripoli from east-based warlord Gen Haftar
- Secretary Pompeo’s Call with United Arab Emirates Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Thirty countries will benefit as Global Environment Facility funds FAO-led projects
- LIBYA GOVERNMENT SAYS RETAKES HAFTAR’S LAST REDOUBT IN WEST
TRIPOLI, Two civilians were killed on Thursday in an armed conflict with militia members in central Tripoli, Xinhua news agency reported, citing the anti-terrorist special deterrent force of the Libyan Ministry of Interior.
"Two residents of Ras Hassan neighborhood were killed in an armed conflict with members of Bab Tajoura batalion. Our forces intervened to resolve the conflict,' spokesman Ahmed Salem said in a statement.
Local media published the image of a bleeding young man injured in the conflict. Social media circulated video footage of young men demanding Bab Tajoura battalion to leave the area.
Security sources said roads leading to Ras Hassan neighborhood were closed for fear that the situation would escalate.
Source: Nam News Network