- ticket title
- US accuses Russia of sending jets to help its ‘mercenaries’ in Libya
- Libya: East-based warlord Haftar seeks to rouse forces against Turkey as UN-recognised forces gain successes
- Protecting Civilians in Conflict Requires Stronger Adherence to International Law, Accountability for Violations, Secretary-General Tells Security Council
- Libya: COVID-19 – Situation Report No. 5, As of 27 May 2020
- Health assessment at community level (Muhallas), May 2020
Tunis, Tunisian Foreign Minister, Khamis Al Jihenawi held talks with the British ambassador to Libya, Frank Baker covering developments in Libya and political solution prospects. The Tunisian Foreign Ministry said Al Jihenawi stressed at the meeting the need to unify efforts of the international community to make progress at the political track in Libya. Al Jihenawi asked the international community to help Libyan parties find a co9nsensual and comprehensive political solution to the crisis based on the UN Roadmap announced in September 2017 to end the suffering of the people and devout efforts to reconstruction. He also reviewed efforts made by Tunisia to bridge the gap between Libyan rivals in line with Tunisian President’s initiative in collaboration with Algeria and Egypt after the three countries foreign ministers signed Tunis Declaration for Comprehensive Political Settlement in Libya. On his part the British ambassador stressed the importance of speeding up consultations among various Libyan parties and work for a political solution, reiterating his country’s support to Libyan government.
Source: Libya News Agency