- ticket title
- Libya: Imported camels evacuated from capital after port comes under fire
- UNHCR Update Libya (21 February 2020)
- UN launches new project to address link between terrorism, arms and crime
- Escalating Burkina Faso violence brings wider Sahel displacement emergency into focus
- Missile attacks fuel UN’s fear for migrants fleeing Libya
Tunisia, Cairo airport closes air routes to and from Libya
Thu 21 Aug 2014 at 18:13
NNA – Tunisia and Egypt’s Cairo airport have cancelled all flights to Libya, officials in the three countries said on Thursday.
Tunisian aviation officials gave no explanation but Libyan news agency LANA said Cairo airport authorities had cancelled flights to and from the neighbouring country for security reasons.
The closure of airspace came after the Libyan government said on Monday unidentified war planes had attacked positions of armed groups in Tripoli fighting with a rival faction for control of the capital. –Reuters