- ticket title
- Gharyan Is Ready To Exchange Detainees With People Of Eastern Region
- Meetings Between Libyan And Egyptian Foreign Ministries Continue To Resolve Outstanding Issues Between Libya And Egypt
- Promoting Women’s Participation In Electoral Process
- U.S. AMBASSADOR TO LIBYA REAFFIRMS U.S. SUPPORT FOR DECEMBER ELECTIONS
- USA Stresses Need For Libyan People And International Community To Use All Available Tools To Prevent Any Attempts To Disrupt Political Transition In Libya
Tripoli-The United States has renewed, through its embassy in Libya, support for the National Oil Corporation, which it said was ‘carrying out its mandate in an impartial and technocratic way on behalf of all Libyans.’ A statement posted to the US Embassy SMS page commended the quick response by Libyan Forces to the attempt to storm the NOC headquarters in Tripoli on Nov.23. ‘Attempts by the armed groups, political factions or other institutions to pressure the NOC personnel or impeded management of the energy sector are incompatible with Libyan aspirations for a brighter and prosperous future, the Embassy said. The GNA Interior Ministry announced that they were securing the NOC through security apparatus and the Tripoli Security Directorate, after the oil organisation was subjected to an assault by what the ministry described at outlaw armed gangs.
Source: Libya News Agency