- ticket title
- Libya: Humanitarian Dashboard (Jan – July 2019)
- Libyan Coast Guard picks up nearly 500 migrants in region surrounding Tripoli
- How Pompeo Took Charge of US Response to Attack on Saudi Oil Fields
- Security Council Committee on Libya Meets with Libyan Investment Authority
- Migrant shooting highlights concern about Libyan coast guard
The outside world knows Libya as an oilrich country. But this has not led to tangible benefits for people. Many Libyans get poorer every year. There are at least 823,000 people in need of assistance. Almost half of them � or 413,000 � are refugees and migrants.
The illtreatment, torture and rape of migrants and refugees has been documented by the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) and the United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) in Desperate and Dangerous: Report on the human rights situation of migrants and refugees in Libya.
Source: UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs