- ticket title
- From unparalleled personalized service to distinctive experiences: Hilton’s luxury resorts in the Maldives invite travelers to experience renowned levels of hospitality
- أوبو تُطلق سلسلة هواتفها الذكية الجديد كلياً رينو4 والسماعة اللاسلكية الأحدث أوبو إنكو W51 في منطقة الشرق الأوسط
- “Paradigm Shift for Greater Value” Huawei drives 100 typical scenario-based solutions built on robust partnership
- شركة Secureworks تكمل عملية استحواذها على Delve Laboratories, Inc.
- Huawei and Intel Jointly Launch the Next-Gen FusionServer Pro V6 Intelligent Server
DUBAI and ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates, May 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — The wearables market is on the rise, and is expected to grow exponentially in the coming years. In a recent Forbes report, the global wearable technology market is expected to be worth $34 billion by 2020.
With the emergence of a more affluent consumer health market, wearables are poised to revolutionize the healthcare industry. In line with this market trend, HIMSS Middle East and WATCH society will collaborate to hold the WATCH society conference on 1 November during the UAE eHealth Week Dubai leg.
According to Dr. Homero Rivas, WATCH Vice President and Secretary, wearables can be powerful, unobtrusive and elegant so they offer a variety of solutions for clinical use and patient-related issues. As the congress president for last year’s WATCH conference, Dr. Rivas also mentioned that generated data resulting from the use of wearables will offer exciting propositions for medical science and patient treatment.
Implementing successful implementation of wearables in the healthcare industry requires academic evidence, research, and partnerships to ensure that patient safety and care quality are significantly improved while investments remain sustainable. Currently, multiple challenges abound. This includes scalability, patient privacy, physician resistance and costs.
It will be significant for UAE Healthcare that the UAE eHealth Week and WATCH conference will be held concurrently, giving attendees the opportunity to discuss how wearable technologies can contribute to patient-centered care and better healthcare outcomes for the years to come as digitization continues to transform how, when and where care is delivered and received.
Topics discussed include:
- Adopting Wearable Technologies – Innovation versus Governance
- The Physician and Patient Sides of Wearables
- Finding Opportunities for Digital Health & Wearables in Healthcare
- The Future of Wearable Technologies – Global and Regional Perspectives
With the UAE healthcare market expected to grow by 7% from 2015 to 2020. UAE eHealth Week and WATCH Conference will offer invaluable opportunities to network with innovative minds and decision makers, and ultimately help shape the future of wearable technologies.
Visit www.uaeehealthweek.org for more information.