- ticket title
- Italian Foreign Minister: New European Treaty on Migration Soon
- United Nations Support Mission in Libya (S/2020/41) [EN/AR]
- Trump administration plans to add Nigeria and six other nations to travel ban list: reports
- Surprise In Belarus, Kyrgyzstan About Reports On Expanded U.S. Travel Ban
- Trump Says U.S. Will Add ‘A Couple’ Of Countries To Travel-Ban List
Celebrating its 200 millionth passenger and sixth annual blanket drive
VANCOUVER, BC — On November 21, 2014 media are invited to commemorate the contributions of the Canada Line.
Just five years into service, the Canada Line is celebrating carrying its 200 millionth passenger. In recognition of this milestone, media are invited to attend a special event with speakers:
- Wai Young, Member of Parliament Vancouver South
- John Yap, Member of Legislative Assembly Richmond-Steveston
- Howard Nemtin, TransLink Board Vice-Chair
- Andrea Reimer, City of Vancouver Councilor
- Malcolm Brodie, Mayor of Richmond
- Craig Richmond, Vancouver Airport Authority CEO
- Peter Ladner (MC), Business in Vancouver Co-Founder
Others attending include executives from Vancouver Board of Trade, ProTrans and BC Rapid Transit Company.
On the same day, Drive on the Line will launch its sixth annual blanket drive, taking place on the Canada Line. Gregory Ould, Executive Director of Blanket BC, and Colleen Brennan, TransLink’s Communications and Customer Engagement Vice President, will collect blankets and help raise awareness about homelessness. Both Ould and Brennan will be available for media interviews.
November 21, 2014
1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Canada Line 200 millionth passenger recognition
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Drive on the Line
Canada Line Waterfront SkyTrain Station
Jiana Ling or Cheryl Ziola
Tel: (778) 375-7788
Office of the Minister of Infrastructure, Communities and Intergovernmental Affairs and
Minister of the Economic Development Agency of Canada for the Regions of Quebec, Ottawa
Transport Canada, Ottawa