- ticket title
- UN Calls For Cease-Fire In Libya On Anniversary Of Armed Conflict
- Trump Pushes Unproven COVID Treatment
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Libya IDP and Returnee Report: Mobility Tracking Round 29 | January – February 2020
- Libya – IDP and Returnee Key Findings Report 29 (Jan-Feb 2020)
- Coronavirus, Conflict Threaten Thousands of Refugees, Migrants Detained in Libya
© International Alert
All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without full attribution.
Note on maps
Some of the geographic boundaries of the maps on this website are contested. International Alert does not endorse any one view on the legal status of any country or territory or the delineation of any frontier. We have included maps here to assist users.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Any information that we gather and hold is managed in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998). We will not disclose or share personal information supplied by you with any third party organisation without your prior consent.
Note on photos
All photos © International Alert, with the exception of:
© Alejo Arango (Latin America)
© Amantha Perera/IRIN (Sri Lanka)
© Anomaa Rajakaruna/IRIN (Building lasting relationships project)
© Arne Hoel/World Bank (Creative Commons) (Promoting peace education in Islamiya schools project)
© Brahima Ouedraogo/IRIN (Tackling organised crime and conflict in Mali project)
© Carol Allen Storey for International Alert (Africa, Donate, Donate/Single donation £10, Gender, Gender in peacebuilding project, Healing fractured lives project, Impact, Partnership for peaceful rural transformation project, Rwanda)
© David Rose/Panos (UK)
© Dermot Tatlow/Panos (Andean region)
© EU/ECHO/Isabel Coello (Creative Commons) (Countering extremism in Kawar Maila project)
© EU/ECHO Martin Karimi (Creative Commons) (Social accountability and technology project)
© G.M.B. Akash/Panos (Donate/Single donation £100)
© Giacomo Pirozzi/Panos (Tunisia)
© Gwenn Dubourthoumieu (Peacebuilding, the World Bank and the United Nations project)
© International Alert/Aubrey Wade (Cross-border trade in the Great Lakes project, Jobs, Our people, Peacebuilding and good governance in North Kivu project, Training and learning, What we do, Women, citizenship and peacebuilding in DRC project)
© International Alert/Aurelien Tobie (Climate change, water and conflict in the Niger River basin)
© International Alert/Callum Francis Hugh (Revolution, resilience and radicalism project; Strengthening youth participation in Ettadhamen and Douar Hicher)
© International Alert/Chloë Whitley (Central Asia, Security implications of climate change in Tajikistan project)
© International Alert/Chris Underwood (Contact us)
© International Alert/Ilaria Bianchi (Donate/Regular donation £20, Good relations in England project, International development banks, governance and peacebuilding project, Monitoring the Bangsamoro conflict project, Shadow economies and conflict project, Supporting post-war reconciliation in Sri Lanka project, Supporting the peace process in the Philippines project)
© International Alert/Jenny Matthews (Burundi, Donors and partners, DRC, How we work, Tufaidike Wote project, What is peace)
© International Alert/Jonathan Banks (Become a supporter, Caucasus dialogues project, Caucasus regional dialogue project, Caucasus regional economy project, Caucasus regional issues, Economy, Georgian-Abkhaz conflict, Georgian-South Ossetian conflict, Get involved, International Institutions, Liberia, Mediation and dialogue in the South Caucasus project, Myths and conflict in the South Caucasus project, Nagorny Karabakh conflict, News and events, Our finances, Post-2015, Reconciliation in Liberia project, Regional economic research project, Regulating Georgian-Abkhaz economic relations project, Terms & Conditions, Thank you, Who we are, Youth, fragility and opportunities project)
© International Alert/Julia Karlysheva (Building cohesion in Stockwell project)
© International Alert/Kashish Das Shrestha (Legacies, Nepal, Research and consultancy, South & Southeast Asia)
© International Alert/Mutemi Nesta Alexander (Building urban flood resilience)
© International Alert/Nadim Bou Habib (Doing politics differently in Lebanon project)
© International Alert/Nadim Kamel (Donate/Regular donation £40, Lebanon, Lebanon and the Syrian crisis project, People and security in Lebanon project, Urban refugee protection in Lebanon’s ‘hybrid’ security system project)
© International Alert/Niranjan Shrestha (What we work on)
© International Alert/Ruel Punongbayan (Ancestral lands project)
© International Alert/Sandro Moore (Trusts and foundationS)
© International Alert/SWORD Images (Business for peace in Uganda project, Companies, Donate/Single donation £50, Oil in Uganda project, Uganda)
© Jason Gutierrez/IRIN (Taking conflict out of investments project)
© Jasper Llanderal (Philippines)
© Jaspreet Kindra/IRIN (Pakistan)
© Jenny Matthews/Panos (Europe)
© jidanchaomian (Creative Commons) (Conflict-sensitive forest governance in Myanmar project)
© Jodi Hilton/IRIN (Access to justice for Syrian refugees in Lebanon project)
© Julius Mwelu/IRIN (International advisory groups for disrupting violent connections project)
© Kate Holt/IRIN (Nigeria, Nigeria stability and reconciliation programme project, Somalia, Promoting rights, protecting women project)
© Kate Thomas/IRIN (Tunisian voices)
© Magharebia under Creative Commons (Borders for all project; Towards inclusive security governance of Tunisia’s border with Libya)
© Mikkel Ostergaard/Panos (Myanmar)
© Mohamad Khayata, ‘Stitching My Syria Back’ (2014) (Create Syria project)
© Obinna Anyadike/IRIN (Reducing stigma against those affected by Boko Haram project)
© Panos/Iva Zimova (Caucasus and Central Asia)
© Pascal Deloche/Godong/Panos (Middle East & North Africa)
© Petterik Wiggers/Panos (Crime, violence and instability)
© Ramon Sanchez Orense with permission (Pamoja kwa amani project)
© Rebecca Conway/IRIN (Business for peace in Pakistan project, Environment and climate change)
© Rob Huibers/Panos (Economic recovery and peace project)
© Robin Hammond/Panos (Climate change in South Asia project, Engineering peace project)
© Roland (Creative Commons) (Urban Africa research and knowledge (Urban ARK))
© Russell Watkins/Department for International Development (Creative Commons) (Peace education)
© Siegfried Modola/IRIN (Climate change, fragility and conflict)
© Siegfried Modola/IRIN (Donate/Regular donation £5)
© Tom Cheatham/UNDP (Creative Commons) (Local development in Myanmar project)
© Tommy Trenchard/IRIN (Media)
© UN Photo/David Ohana (Building peace in Kyauk Phyu project)
© UN Photo/Gill Fickling (Civil society and investment project)
© UN Photo/Marco Dormino (Citizenship and governance, Policy and analysis, What we offer)
© UN Photo/Stuart Price (African Union, African Union project)
© UNHCR/Y (Creative Commons) (Ukraine)
© UNICEF Ukraine/Aleksey Filippov (Image altered. Creative Commons) (Psycho-social seeds for peace project)
Use of this site is provided by International Alert subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as of the date of your first use of the site.
- International Alert reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site, by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to International Alert are provided ‘as is’ without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. In no event will International Alert be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- International Alert does not warrant that the functions and materials contained in this site will be: uninterrupted or error free; that defects will be corrected; that this site, or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs; or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- Copyright restrictions: All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means; electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without full attribution.
- You can access other sites via links from international-alert.org. These sites are not under our control and we are not responsible in any way for their contents.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Offensive or inappropriate content placed on the International Alert website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content to or anywhere on the International Alert website, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where International Alert reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England and Wales (or the law of Scotland if you live there) (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally. These pieces of information are used to improve services for you. For more information about the cookies we use, please visit our cookies page.
For more information, contact Sue McCready.