- ticket title
- Adopting 7 Resolutions, General Assembly Calls for Recorded Vote on Texts Addressing Global Health, Ties with Organization of Islamic Cooperation
- EU Trust Fund for Africa: new actions adopted to support vulnerable migrants, foster socio-economic development and improve border management in North of Africa
- GNA Minister Of Transport Meets Canadian Ambassador.
- Head Of Presidency Council Attends Event At Police Academy.
- GNA Interior Minister Discuss Security Cooperation With German Foreign Ministry Undersecretary.
President Omer Al-Bashir of Sudan has received a message from the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani, dealing with bilateral relations and ways of boosting them further.
The message was delievered by the Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Qatar, Sheikh Mohamed bin Abdul-Rahman Al-Thani, who called on the president here Sunday. Also present were Sudan's Foreign Minister, Professor Ibrahim Ghandour, and Qatari Ambassador to Sudan Rashid bin Abdul-Rahman.
In a media statement, Professor Ghandour expressed Sudan's appreciation for Qatar's support to Sudan, saying: "We thank Qatar and its Emir for the support Qatar has provided to Sudan throughout the past."
He added that the visit of the Foreign Minister of Qatar was an opportunity to discuss completion of the Doha dossier, especially concerning reconstruction in Sudan's western region of Darfur, pointing out that the Qatari Minister had met with the Chairman of Darfur Peace Office, Magdi Khelf-Alla.
"We are looking forward for further co-operation and bilateral relations," said Professor Ghandour.
The Qatari Foreign Minister said he conveyed a verbal message from the Emir of Qatar to President Al-Bashir dealing with bilateral relations.
"We have agreed to hold meetings sooner and to form a committee on political consultations between Foreign Ministries of the two countries to follow up the common projects," the Qatari Minister said.
He said he discussed with his Sudanese counterpart the common projects and expansion of co-operation , implementation of Doha Agreement and the peace process in Darfur.
The Qatari Minister said he was very glad that more groups want to join the Agreement which, he said, is means of boosting stability and security in Sudan.
Source: NAM News Network