- ticket title
- Electric Power Industry Needs Urgent Transformation, Huawei’s New ICT Empowers Smart Grids
- Miami International Holdings Completes Equity Investment in MidChains’ Parent Holding Company
- اعتماد أحد منتجعات هيلتون الدومينيكا كمنشأة مؤهلة مدرجة على قائمة برنامج المواطنة مقابل الاستثمار – افتتاح Tranquility Beach بحلول 2021 – 2022
- تي يو في راينلاند: يجب أخذ المخاطر السيبرانية للمنشأت و المعدات الصناعية بجدية
- لارسن آند توبرو إنفوتيك تدشن كانفاس، منصة هندسة البرمجيات العصرية لبيئات العمل البعيدة والهجينة في المستقبل
Terms of Reference For Strategic Planning and Programming Expert
1. Background and context
The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) is a Regional Economic Community (REC) in the Horn of Africa and one of the building blocs of the African Union. IGAD stands for the promotion of resilience and sustainable development of the region through regional integration, peace and security and agricultural development and environment protection in partnership with the member states, development partners, and multi-lateral, bilateral and civil society organizations.
IGAD is inviting applications from qualified and experienced specialists of strategic planning and programming. The IGAD Planning and Coordination functions focus on:
• Strategic Planning, Programming, Resource Mobilisation and Monitoring and Evaluation
• Coordination with Stakeholders (member states, development partners, organisations, etc.)
• Institutional Strengthening
2. Objectives of the assignment
The primary objective of the assignment is to contribute to IGAD’s performance through enhanced capacity in its planning and programming service.
3. Scope of work and methodology
The assignment will be for an initial seven (7) calendar months from June to December 2015 during which, the incumbent will undertake tasks that will encompass various components of IGAD’s strategic planning, programming, institutional strengthening and coordination and contribute to:
• Elaboration and operationalisation of IGAD regional strategic plan and annual action plans;
• Project/programme cycle management activities of IGAD;
• Coordination efforts with stakeholders such as the Member States and Partners in Development,
• Institutional capacity development.
More specifically, the incumbent will assist IGAD in:
• Identifying strategic issues and will contribute to developing and administering the strategic frameworks that will enable IGAD achieve its goals and objectives.
• Continually assessing the competing pressures and opportunities both internally and externally and selecting priorities that would guide IGAD’s strategic direction and drive towards higher levels of performance.
• Assisting in the strategic planning processes including preparation, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of strategies, plans and projects.
• Adopting results based management system that leads to improvements in organizational performance.
• Implementing suitable management systems for measuring and improving performance and impact and ensuring proper follow-up on the implementation process of plans.
• Developing in liaison with the finance team budgets, business plans, resourcing plans and identifying resourcing issues or constraints.
• Timely submission of reports.
• Participating in negotiations with partner organizations on project proposals, contracts, grants.
4. Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• A Masters Degree in Economics, Business Administration, or other related fields.
• Seven (7) years experience in Strategic or Corporate Planning, Change Management in multinational, international development/trade organization or in a national or regional organization.
• Experience in producing strategies or program plans, managing a budget and working within results-based project framework.
• Experience in managing performance improvement and change programs across an organization.
5. Key Skills and Competencies
• Strategic thinker.
• Strong planning and implementation skills.
• Strong analytical ability.
• Results focused/driven.
• Creative and open minded.
• Monitoring and evaluation skills.
• Ability to communicate and contribute in a broad spectrum of disciplines and decision makers;
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English or French.
• Skills in both English and French will be an advantage
Preference will be given to applicants based in the IGAD region with proven relevant experience in strategic planning and programming.
Further, please note that:
• The deadline for acceptance of applications is 14:30 pm, Thursday 7th May 2015 (Djibouti time);
• Selected candidate should be able
• Short-listed candidates ONLY will be contacted by IGAD for interviews;
• IGAD is an equal opportunities employer and qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply.