- ticket title
- Fighting Rages as Libya Force Pushes Toward Key Western City
- Fractured Tunisian Parliament Moves Toward Agreement on PM
- Merkel Stresses That Europe Has An Interest In Preventing The Escalation Of The Conflict In Libya
- The German Chancellor And The Chinese President Discuss Implementing The Outputs Of The Berlin Conference On Libya
- Chad’s Foreign Minister: The Spread Of Arms And The Worsening Situation In The Sahel Have Been Caused By The Libyan Crisis
TUNIS, Feb 21 — Egyptian airplanes, since Thursday midnight, have been evacuating the country’s nationals flying from Libya’s Djerba-Zarzis airport to Egyptian airports, announced the Ministry of Transport.
Communication officer at the Ministry Mohamed Ali Aboudi said the first flight was carrying over 100 people, pending the evacuation of the remaining Egyptians, whose number has not been determined yet.
This operation comes after 21 Egyptians were beheaded by IS’s militants in Libya and the air strikes conducted by Egypt on some targets in this country in response to these killings.
These events pushed thousands of Egyptians to leave Libya.