- ticket title
- UNHCR: More Than 300000 Displaced Libyans Receive Assistance
- Deadly Air Strike on Tripoli Factory Stark Reminder of Risks Civilians Face: IOM
- Libya ‘in race against time’, but dissolving conflict ‘a realistic prospect’, Security Council hears
- SRSG Ghassan Salame Briefing to the Security Council – 18 November 2019
- Libya air raid kills 7, including foreign workers
April 19, 2015 – Ottawa, Ontario – Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
The Honourable Rob Nicholson, P.C., Q.C., M.P. for Niagara Falls, Minister of Foreign Affairs, today issued the following statement:
“Canada condemns in the strongest terms the reported killing of Ethiopian Christians in Libya by the so-called Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
“We offer our deepest condolences to the families and friends of those killed in this barbaric act. Canada will not sit on the sidelines as the persecution of religious and ethnic communities continues at the hands of ISIS terrorists.
“These cowardly acts further demonstrate the necessity to degrade the ISIS threat, both at home and abroad. Canada will continue to stand with its coalition partners to combat the growing threat of terrorism.”
Office of the Minister of Foreign Affairs
Media Relations Office
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
Follow us on Twitter: @CanadaFP
Like us on Facebook: Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada-DFATD