- ticket title
- Trump And Macron Agree That The Escalation In Libya Must Be Stopped
- Algerian Prime Minister: Dialogue And National Reconciliation Are The Basis For Ending The Libyan Differences
- The US Embassy In Libya: It Is Time To Immediately Halt The Escalation And Return To Negotiations In Libya
- The Italian Cabinet Approves The “IRINI” Operation Decree In Libya
- The President Of The Arab Parliament Appeals To The United Nations And The Security Council To Intervene To Cease Fire In Libya
April 19, 2015 – Ottawa, Ontario – Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
The Honourable Rob Nicholson, P.C., Q.C., M.P. for Niagara Falls, Minister of Foreign Affairs, today issued the following statement:
“Canada condemns in the strongest terms the reported killing of Ethiopian Christians in Libya by the so-called Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
“We offer our deepest condolences to the families and friends of those killed in this barbaric act. Canada will not sit on the sidelines as the persecution of religious and ethnic communities continues at the hands of ISIS terrorists.
“These cowardly acts further demonstrate the necessity to degrade the ISIS threat, both at home and abroad. Canada will continue to stand with its coalition partners to combat the growing threat of terrorism.”
Office of the Minister of Foreign Affairs
Media Relations Office
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
Follow us on Twitter: @CanadaFP
Like us on Facebook: Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada-DFATD