- ticket title
- Libya Peace Summit: Berlin talks must prioritize accountability for war crimes
- Salama: Berlin Conference Success Would Enable Displaced People Return To Their Homes
- Russian Foreign Ministry: Participants In Berlin Conference Will Submit Their Final Statement To Security Council
- UN Secretary General: Hostilities In Libya Is Rejected And All Must Support Berlin Conference
- Putin to take part in Berlin conference on Libya on January 19
“The EU stands in solidarity with the people and the government of Egypt in the wake of the beheading of 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians. I convey my heartfelt condolences to the families and friends of those massacred by terrorists in Libya.
I will meet Foreign Minister Sameh Shouky in Washington later this week and I will convey to him personally my condolences. We will also discuss the challenges ahead together with other leaders of the region and US Secretary of State John Kerry.
This act of terror is also a stark reminder of the plight of civilians in Libya – whether they are Libyans or migrants and whatever their faith.”