- ticket title
- German charity Sea-Eye says 78 migrants rescued off Libyan coast
- Libya: 24 killed in clashes as UN condemns
- Turkish Pres Erdogan discuss Libya conflict on Algeria visit
- UN report urges accountability for Libya airstrike deaths [EN/AR]
- The airstrikes on the Daman building complex, including the Tajoura Detention Centre, 2 July 2019
Madrid, Spanish Coast Guard have announced that they have rescued 1200 illegal migrants in 30 boats in the Mediterranean on Saturday and Sunday as they tried to reach the Spanish coast the main gateway for migration to Europe. Navy spokesman said the coast guard have rescued 1181 on 2 boats.’ More than 40000 migrants have arrived in Spain this year, including 35000 by Sea, and about 5000 by land through the Spanish enclaves of Seuta and Melilla in Morocco, according to the International Organisation of Migration IOM. This constitutes 40% of the overall number of newcomers in Europe estimated at 100000. More than 170 died in the Sea since the start of the year including 362 off the Spanish coast according to IOM.
Source: Libya News Agency