- ticket title
- Putin to take part in Berlin conference on Libya on January 19
- Libya strongman Haftar in Greece for talks ahead of Berlin peace conference
- Six months following the enforced disappearance of Siham Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release
- Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict
- UNHCR Update Libya (17 January 2020)
The government of South Sudan has stated that it will participate in the upcoming peace process of that country in the third phase of the Revitalization Forum on South Sudan to be held in Addis Ababa, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs says.
The Ministry stated this here Thursday in response to media reports that the South Sudan government wants the Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD), the eight-nation Horn of Africa sub-regional bloc mediating the South Sudan peace process, to change the venue, citing political instability in Ethiopia as a threat.
However, South Sudan said it had never requested a change of the host country for the revitalization process and the government South Sudan said in Juba described the news reports as "fake news, The Foreign Ministry said in a media statement.
The government of South Sudan further expressed its strong will and commitment to the realization of the peace process undertaken by IGAD, starting three years ago.
South Sudan expressed its gratitude for the role played and the support of the people and government of Ethiopia offered during the struggle for liberation of the country.
It is to be recalled that the South Sudan parties were unable to agree on some of the issues of permanent ceasefire and transitional security arrangements and are set to review their positions and come up with ideas to close the gaps.
Source: NAM News Network