- ticket title
- Italian Foreign Minister: New European Treaty on Migration Soon
- United Nations Support Mission in Libya (S/2020/41) [EN/AR]
- Trump administration plans to add Nigeria and six other nations to travel ban list: reports
- Surprise In Belarus, Kyrgyzstan About Reports On Expanded U.S. Travel Ban
- Trump Says U.S. Will Add ‘A Couple’ Of Countries To Travel-Ban List
The Cabinet meeting was held, Wednesday, for the first time at the Palace of Carthage, under the chairmanship of President Beji Caid Essebsi.
It focused on security issues and the impact of the situation in Libya on Tunisia and approved economic, commercial and social agreements.
The meeting took stock of the security situation in the country and the potential fallout of the situation of Libya on Tunisia, in light of presentations made by the Ministers of Defence, Interior and Foreign Affairs, the Prime Minister told reporters after the meeting.
Habib Essid stated that all steps have been taken to protect the border with Libya.
On the educational field, the Prime Minister reported the approval of a loan agreement between Tunisia and the German Credit Institution for Reconstruction (KFW) and a financing contract between Tunisia and the European Investment Bank to fund a project to modernise the educational institution. It is a major project that will be carried out by the Ministry of Education with a budget of 400 million Tunisian dinars (MTD), he noted.
The President of the Republic chaired the Cabinet meeting in implementation of Article 93 of the Constitution which states that laquo the President of the Republic heads the Cabinet meeting when it discusses defence and foreign relations issues. raquo
Source : Tunis Afrique Presse