- ticket title
- Salama: Berlin Conference Success Would Enable Displaced People Return To Their Homes
- Russian Foreign Ministry: Participants In Berlin Conference Will Submit Their Final Statement To Security Council
- UN Secretary General: Hostilities In Libya Is Rejected And All Must Support Berlin Conference
- Putin to take part in Berlin conference on Libya on January 19
- Libya strongman Haftar in Greece for talks ahead of Berlin peace conference
On 12 September 2019, the Security Council Committee established pursuant to resolution 1970 (2011) concerning Libya, met with a delegation from the Libyan Investment Authority (LIA), an entity subject to the assets freeze measures imposed in resolutions 1970 (2011) and 1973 (2011), as modified by resolution 2009 (2011). This was the first meeting of its kind, organized upon request by the Libyan Permanent Mission. The Panel of Experts also participated via audio link.
The Chairman of the Board of Directors and CEO of the LIA, Dr. Ali Mahmoud Hassen Mohammed provided a presentation to the Committee. The presentation was followed by an interactive discussion between Committee members and Dr. Ali Mahmoud Hassen Mohammed.
Committee members emphasized preserving the integrity and value of the Libyan frozen assets, which are meant for the benefit of the Libyan people. They further stressed the importance of cooperation between the LIA and the Panel of Experts.
Source: United Nations