- ticket title
- Libya: UN-recognised GNA forces bomb military convoy south of Tripoli
- MENA Economic Update: How Transparency Can Help the Middle East and North Africa
- Saudi-Led Coalition Adopts Coronavirus Cease-Fire in Yemen
- Fauci: Uncertain That Warm Weather Will Limit Coronavirus Threat
- DTM Libya – Abusliem Flash Update (9 April 2020)
NEW YORK, June 13, 2014 — The following statement was issued today by the Spokesman for UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon:
The Secretary-General continues to follow closely the situation in Libya and stresses the importance of the peaceful and timely holding of elections on 25 June.
The Secretary-General reaffirms the important role of the United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) in providing technical assistance in support of building and reforming State institutions. He also commends UNSMIL’s work in the areas of good offices and facilitation of dialogue, which it carries out with impartiality and openness to all national parties concerned. He encourages all Libyans to remain engaged in the search for political solutions that would respond to the legitimate aspirations of the Libyan people.
The Secretary-General reiterates his full support for his Special Representative, Tarek Mitri, as he leads UNSMIL’s work.
SOURCE: United Nations – Office of the Spokesperson of the Secretary-General