- ticket title
- German charity Sea-Eye says 78 migrants rescued off Libyan coast
- Libya: 24 killed in clashes as UN condemns
- Turkish Pres Erdogan discuss Libya conflict on Algeria visit
- UN report urges accountability for Libya airstrike deaths [EN/AR]
- The airstrikes on the Daman building complex, including the Tajoura Detention Centre, 2 July 2019
Tripoli-The UN Special Envoy GHassan Salama stressed that his presence in Libya is in his capacity as representative of the UN Secretary General and not as Lebanese citizen. In statement to Lana after the meeting with the Foreign Minister Siala, Salama said “I am here as representative of the UN Secretary General and only work under this capacity. On statement of the Foreign Ministry not to take part in the Arab Economic Summit, Salama said; ‘It is the duty of the Arab League to invite all member states to any summit and the duty of the host country to take good care of all those present’. ‘However, it is the right of Lebanese to well understand the fate of Mr Musa Al sader, I believe we will reach an MoU between Libya and Lebanon on this problem which the Libyans understand’. Salama regretted the Libyan decision not to take part in the summit, but he said he understands such position expressing hope that the issue be addressed without any influences.
Source: Libya News Agency