- ticket title
- Libya Peace Summit: Berlin talks must prioritize accountability for war crimes
- Salama: Berlin Conference Success Would Enable Displaced People Return To Their Homes
- Russian Foreign Ministry: Participants In Berlin Conference Will Submit Their Final Statement To Security Council
- UN Secretary General: Hostilities In Libya Is Rejected And All Must Support Berlin Conference
- Putin to take part in Berlin conference on Libya on January 19
INVITATION TO SUBMIT PROPOSALS
The IGAD Centre for Pastoral Areas and Livestock Development (ICPALD) is a specialized technical office of IGAD with mandate to promote and facilitate sustainable and equitable drylands and livestock development in the IGAD region.
IGAD through ICPALD invites sealed proposals from eligible individual consultants and/or Consultancy Firms for the provision of the following consultancy services for its VET-GOV Project:
LOT Proposal Area Maximum budget (inclusive of consultancy fees; travel costs and DSA for field visits if applicable; and incidental expenses )
1 A study on establishment of a Livestock Development Fund (LDF) in the Republic of Djibouti. USD15,000
2 Develop Regional Emergency and Contingency Plans for at least four priority livestock diseases in the IGAD ready for activation by 2016. USD15,000
3 A study on the contribution of livestock to the GDP of the Republics of Djibouti, Somalia, South Sudan and Eritrea. USD50,000
4 Capacity Building in assessment of the socio-economic impact of livestock in different production systems in the Republic of Sudan. USD50,000
Consultants are required to provide Technical and Financial Proposals and taking into consideration the maximum available budget for the desired consultancy.
For each consultancy, the applicants should submit a Technical Proposal that should include:
• Outlining methodologies, for collecting detailed information as per the tasks assigned to this consultancy and indicate the number of days to accomplish this task.
• A profile and CVs of the consultant(s) undertaking the work indicating relevant academic experience.
• Information showing past experience in related field, demonstrating an inventory of past and current assignments of similar nature.
• Contact addresses (Postal, email and telephone) of at least three referees or any other information that may show the consultant’s ability to carry out the assignment to satisfaction.
Any financial proposal above the maximum budget will be disregarded for consideration. A detailed breakdown of the financial proposal should be provided.
The evaluation and award will be done by lot (i.e. per consultancy).
For proposals received from firms, the evaluation criteria will be applied to the key individual consultants.
a) Technical evaluation
Criteria Maximum Score
Relevant qualifications 20
Methodology, Approach and proposed period. 30
General Experience 15
Specific experience 30
Other abilities (publications, languages, IT, etc.) 5
The Consultant must score at least 70/100 in order to be considered for further evaluation.
b) Financial evaluation
The consultant with the highest technical score whose financial proposal is within the maximum allocated budget will be selected.
The successful consultant will work under the supervision of the Senior Livestock and Fisheries Officer at ICPALD.
The consultants will be responsible for their own medical and life insurance covers during the assignment.
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
For each interest lot (consultancy), the technical and financial proposals should be submitted in two separate envelopes; each clearly marked “Technical proposal” or “Financial proposal”. The two proposals should be enclosed in a single envelope clearly marked “Lot Number and title of the Consultancy”.
For consultants interested in more than one lot (consultancy) the technical and financial proposals envelopes could be enclosed in a single envelope clearly marked the lots and titles of the consultancies.
The deadline for submission of proposals is Friday 27th March 2015 at 15:00 hrs. Nairobi, Local Time.
The address for submission of the proposals is:
Attention Rose Tsuma,
IGAD Centre for Pastoral Areas and Livestock Development
Jadala Place, 1st Floor, Ng’ong Lane, Off Ng’ong Road
P.O. Box 47824-00100, Nairobi, Kenya