- ticket title
- More than 100 illegal immigrants deported from Libya
- Libya’s UN-backed government condemns deadly airstrike in Tripoli
- Salame and Deputy Meet Delegation From Misrata Including Members of House of Representatives and High Council of State
- Presidency Council Blames UN Mission for Death of Children in Arial Shelling in Al Fernaj
- GNA Foreign Ministry of Social Affairs Condemns Massacre of Children in Al Fernaj
11 Dec 2014
A group of displaced women and children rest on Ethiopian territory after crossing the Baro River from South Sudan. Photo: UNHCR/L.F. Godinho
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) has categorically denied any plan to place the country under international protection.
Media reports had suggested that the move was imminent due to a break-down in peace talks.
South Sudan continues to suffer instability as a result of fighting between the government and rebels.
Around two million people have fled their homes.
Gabriel Shadar has been speaking to the UNMISS spokesperson, Joe Contreras.