- ticket title
- Deputy Minister of Interior Visits Narcotics Department
- GNA Council of Ministers Announces Resumption of Air Traffic at Amitiq Airport
- German Foreign Minister: Libya’s neighboring countries suffer from negative consequences of Libyan Crisis
- Libya – IDP and Returnee Key Findings Report 28 (Nov-Dec 2019)
- Activities of Secretary-General in Germany, 18-20 January
The below is attributable to Spokesperson John Kirby:
Secretary Kerry met today with Special Representative of the UN Secretary General for Libya Martin Kobler to discuss ongoing efforts to support a unified Government of National Accord in Libya.
Secretary Kerry made clear that the United States will continue to support Prime Minister al-Sarraj and the Government of National Accord as they take their rightful place in Tripoli and that we look forward to seeing Libyan Political Dialogue members reconvene in Tunis next week to advance the process. He expressed his concern that, despite the efforts of a majority of Libyan leaders to seat this government, a small group of spoilers prevented a formal vote that would have endorsed the Cabinet.
Finally, the Secretary reiterated that the United States remains committed to providing the Government of National Accord full political backing and technical, economic, humanitarian, security and counter-terrorism assistance.