- ticket title
- United Nations Staff Union President Urges States to Enhance Peacekeeper Security, as Targeted Attacks Kill 423 Blue Helmets, Civilian Personnel in Last Decade
- Secretary-General Appoints Antonia De Meo of United States as Director of United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute
- Covid-19: Libya releases prisoners to contain virus spread
- If Coronavirus Hits Libyan Detention Centers It Would be a ‘Massacre’
- Iran Defends Virus Response as Syria Reports First Death
The following is attributable to Spokesperson John Kirby:
On the margins of the G20 in Hangzhou, China, Secretary Kerry met with Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and Foreign Minister Adel Al-Jubeir of Saudi Arabia. The leaders discussed a range of global and regional issues, including climate change, Syria, and Libya.
On Yemen, the leaders reviewed the latest ideas discussed in Jeddah with representatives of the Gulf Cooperation Council and Quadrilateral working group. The Secretary stressed the importance of implementing a 72-hour ceasefire by all sides to provide space for the UN Special Envoy, Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed, to engage in consultations with both sides. The Saudis agreed, provided it is implemented by all sides.