- ticket title
- Minister of Employment and Rehabilitation meets with head of IOM
- Ministry of Economy and Industry lifts subsidy for Kerosene for commercial and industrial use
- Food & Drug Control centre convenes workshop on improving olive oil quality
- GNA Minister of Economy Discuss Economic Reform With Deputy head of UN Mission in Libya
- Italian Embassy Calls for Immediate Cessation of Combat Operations in Tripoli
On behalf of President Obama and the people of the United States, I congratulate the people of Finland as you celebrate your Independence Day on December 6. The bond between our nations is strong and founded on our shared democratic principles and the lasting contributions of Americans of Finnish heritage.
Your “sisu” and vigorous entrepreneurial spirit are integral to your success and an inspiration to others. We look forward to continuing to deepen our commercial ties and the broad cultural and political bonds that exist between our nations. We are proud to work closely with you to advance energy security; global climate, health and education initiatives; and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership. Finland is a valued partner in advancing global peace and security, including in Africa and other regions.
As you celebrate this day, please know that the United States will always stand with you as a faithful friend and partner. I wish all Finnish people continued peace and prosperity in the coming year.