- ticket title
- AFP: Greece asks UN to condemn TurkeyLibya deal
- GNA Acting Minister of Education Discuss With Presidents of Universities Demands of Protesters
- Italy Warns EU Member States Over Deterioration of Situation in Libya, Urges Ceasefire
- Pan-Arab Parliament Calls for Implementation of UN Initiative to Settle Libyan Crisis in Full
- NOC: Tat Neft Resumes Exploration Activity in Ghadames Basin
On 23 February 2016, the HR/VP Federica Mogherini met in Brussels with the UN Secretary-General's Special Representative and Head of the UN Support Mission in Libya, Martin Kobler. They exchanged views on the implementation of the Libyan Political Agreement and, in particular, on the importance for the House of Representatives to be able to quickly vote on the proposal to establish a Government of National Accord.
The HR/VP and the Special Representative agreed to continue to work together to ensure maximum support to the Government of National Accord, in their shared belief that only a stable government enjoying widespread backing throughout the country will ultimately be able to address the serious challenges, including security, Libya is confronted with.
The discussion also touched upon the deteriorating economic and financial crisis in Libya and on the humanitarian crisis that is affecting several areas in the country.
HR/VP Mogherini reiterated the EU's commitment to provide substantial aid to the new Libyan authorities as soon as a Government of National Accord is in place.
Source: European Union