- ticket title
- Italian Foreign Minister: New European Treaty on Migration Soon
- United Nations Support Mission in Libya (S/2020/41) [EN/AR]
- Trump administration plans to add Nigeria and six other nations to travel ban list: reports
- Surprise In Belarus, Kyrgyzstan About Reports On Expanded U.S. Travel Ban
- Trump Says U.S. Will Add ‘A Couple’ Of Countries To Travel-Ban List
Ahead of the informal European Council meeting of 3 February, MEPs will debate the current growing migratory pressure in the central Mediterranean with EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini on Wednesday afternoon at around 17.00, following the addition of this item to the plenary agenda.
While the number of persons crossing the Aegean Sea to reach the EU has fallen significantly, the number of those risking the central Mediterranean sea crossing, mainly from Libya to Italy, has continued to grow.
Crises in South Sudan, DRC and Gabon
In later debates, MEPs will assess the spread of violence and the resulting urgent humanitarian needs in South Sudan, as well as election-related violence and political tensions in the Democratic Republic of Congo and in Gabon, with European Commissioner for international cooperation and development, Neven Mimica, representing Ms Mogherini.
#Libya #migration #SouthSudan #Congo #RDC #Gabon #ruleoflaw @FedericaMog