- ticket title
- Libya: Humanitarian Dashboard (Jan – July 2019)
- Libyan Coast Guard picks up nearly 500 migrants in region surrounding Tripoli
- How Pompeo Took Charge of US Response to Attack on Saudi Oil Fields
- Security Council Committee on Libya Meets with Libyan Investment Authority
- Migrant shooting highlights concern about Libyan coast guard
Tripoli, The Presidential Council of the Government of National Accord has urged the residents of Al Garabouli to exercise self restraint after the clashes in the town that left dozens killed or wounded. In a statement the Council issued on Wednesday, it called for 'good offices to be used to save lives, and said the checkpoint in Al Garabouli would be run by the Police and regular Army units. The Council said a committee was to be set up to investigate the circumstances surrounding the incident in which 29 people were killed and 20 wounded as a result of clashes between youth from the city and elements of Al Garbouli and Gasr Al Akhyar checkpoints during which a fireworks depot exploded. It called on everybody to work with the Council to stop the bloodshed and to track down the culprits and bring them to justice.
Source: Libyan News Agency