- ticket title
- Pope Backs UN Chief’s Call for Global Cease-Fire to Focus on Coronavirus
- Iran Defends Virus Response as Syria Reports First Death
- CoronaVirus Combat Committee Issues Stricter Measures After Detection Of Two New Cases
- Libyan Consulate In Tunis Advises Libyan Nationals To Remain In Their Homes
- EU Renews Support For Berlin Conference’s Outcomes And For Immediate Halt Of Fighting In Libya
Tripoli, The President of the Presidency Council Fayez Al Serraj on Wednesday met the Emir of Kuwait Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Jaber Al Sabah where he arrived earlier on a visit to the Gulf country. Al Serraj highlighted the deep brotherly ties linking Libya with the State of Kuwait, appreciating Kuwait’s support of the Libyan people in the difficult circumstances. He voiced hope that his visit would help forge a fruitful relationship and a beneficial exchange between the two countries. Sheikh Sabah stressed his country’s support for the government and people of Libya, and voiced his appreciation of the effort being made by Al Serraj to restore peace and stability. The two sides discussed political developments in Libya and agreed that foreign interventions have prolonged the crisis. The issue of return of the Kuwaiti embassy to work from Tripoli was discussed at the meeting, and there was a coordination between the foreign ministers of the two countries on this matter. There was also a agreement that the Kuwaiti UN Security Council representative adopt the vision of the Libyan Government and coordinate with the Libyan UN mission on this matter. Meanwhile, there was an agreement that the Kuwaiti Development Fund contribute to the reconstruction effort in Libya in coordination with the Arab Development Fund. Al Serraj was welcomed by the Jaber Mubark Al Sabah the Prime Minister on arrival at the Bayan Palace.
Source: Libya News Agency