- ticket title
- Libya’s UN-backed government launches airstrikes on east-based army
- Ministry of Employment takes part in Local Government Forum
- Alternative Accommodation for Displaced People/Discussed
- Local Government Minister issues resolution to transfer competencies to local administration units
- UN and Red Cross chiefs appeal for end to use of explosive weapons in cities
Tripoli-The President of the Presidency Council of the Government of National Accord Fayez Al Serraj on Saturday, on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference, met the Prime Minister of the Republic of Georgia Mamuka Pakhtadze. According to the Council's Communications Office, Pakhtadze underscored the close relationship between the two countries and said he appreciated the challenges which Libya was facing. Georgia, he said had gone through same challenges, and it had experience in fighting terrorism. He said his country was prepared to offer assistance in areas which the GNA Government chooses. The President of the Presidency Council expressed his appreciation of the support which Georgia has offered to the GNA, and said we were keen to learn from the experiments of friendly countries. Economic exchange and bolstering of bilateral ties were discussed at the meeting, which was attended by the GNA Foreign Minister Mohamed Siala. The issue of Georgian nationals detained in Libya was also tackled at the meeting, whereby the President said he had faith in the Libyan judiciary to guarantee all legal and humanitarian rights of defendants, inviting the Government of Georgia to send a delegation to follow the case with the attorney General office in Libya.
Source: Libya News Agency